Alevtina Kakhidze – Laureate of the Malevich Prize for Ukrainian artists in 2008, winner of the competition of young artists and curators of the Center for Contemporary Art at NaUKMA 2002; graduated from the National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture, the Jan van Eyck Academy (Maastricht, Netherlands); participant of many international and Ukrainian art projects.
We asked Alevtina to continue five phrases from our quiz and here are her answers:
1. Art has the right to … mistake.
2. Lucky in art, those who … know that happiness is a conditional thing, and a random thing is lucky.
3. My first artwork was sold – it’s … probably a drawing, but I don’t remember which one.
4. An artwork that I will never sell – … my portrait, painted by my husband, who is not an artist (does not consider himself an artist). From my own artworks, there are none.
5. The artwork of another artist, which I would dream to receive – … a sculpture of the Lion of Venice, but I do not know the name of the artist.